Monday, December 15, 2014

A CHRISTMAS STORY – PAM’S TALE PART 1


I have a little Christmas story to tell. But, it’s not your typical Christmas story. It’s personal. It’s the story of Christmas 2014 in my household. Specifically, Isaac’s Christmas gift. You see, when we asked him what he wanted for Christmas this year he didn’t ask forthings. What he really wanted for Christmas was to go to two concerts. Last night we saw Toby Mac and Matt Maher.
TMac
It was SO good! I swear, TMac is 50 years old and dances around the stage like he’s 19. Needless to say, it was a very high energy concert.
TMac & DC
This one pretty much went off without a hitch. The concert was held in the Performing Arts Center at the University of St. Francis in Fort Wayne. It was indoors, but set up like an amphitheatre. Every seat in the house was a great one. As a family who doesn’t particularly care to be crowded in swarms of people like a can of sardines, we choose to sit directly in the center section in the very top row. There were still a lot of people at this sold-out concert, but we felt like we had a little more breathing room up there. Here’s the thing about sitting in the top row – heat rises.
A little back history on me. At some point in my adult-hood I became allergic to the cold. That’s my doctor’s official diagnosis. I live in Indiana, y’all. I get to have more fun than a barrel full of monkeys in the fall, winter and most of the spring here. But, here’s a little tid bit that makes that even more exciting. I have some hormonal issues that causes wild temperature swings. That means I’ll go from covered in painful, itching hives because I’m freezing my tail off to profusely sweating femininely glistening five minutes later. It’s so much fun that I feel like I live in my own personal carnival i. I’m my own Circus Freak. Thank God that at least I don’t also fill the bill as The Bearded Lady.
bearded lady
If I don’t quit finding stray hairs to pluck out of my chin, lip, and yes, nose I might still be able to manage it. Are you jealous of all this sexy, yet? So, back to my story…
The line to get into the building was wrapped all the way around the block. It’s December. In Indiana. I’m kind of like Diana Prince when I’m out in the cold for very long. I morph into my alter-ego.
wonder-woman
To continue reading, hop on over to my new blog, Still Playing House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!